I've created a variety of case studies for use in course that deal with a variety of archival issues. Case Studies help student think through archival issues in scenarios that mimic the real world. All of my case studies are available at http://casestudies.joshuakitchens.com. They are licensed under a creative commons and can be used and remixed.
A foundational course for Masters of Archival Studies students that introduces students to basic archival theory and practice.
- ARST 5000 Principles and Practices Syllabus (Fall 2015)
- ARST 5000 Principles and Practices Syllabus (Fall 2016)
Foundation course for first semester Masters of Archival Studies students that provides them with a basic understanding of how technology impacts archives through electronic records. Course teaches students how electronic records are created by having students complete hands on activities that include encoding, virtual computer creation, simple shell scripting, database design and management, and more.
- ARST 5100 Archives and Technology Syllabus (Fall 2015)
- ARST 5100 Archives and Technology Syllabus (Fall 2016)
- ARST 5100 Archives and Technology Syllabus (Fall 2017)
- [ ] Revise fall 2017 course materials
- [ ] Upload content to D2L
- ARST 6950 Capstone Syllabus (Fall 2015)
- ARST 6950 Capstone Course Syllabus (Spring 2016)